Rotational molding is also called Rotational Molding, Rotational Molding, Rotational Molding, Rotational Molding, etc., and the English name is Rotational Moulding. There are many plastic processing and molding methods. In addition to our common injection molding, blow molding, extrusion molding and other processes, rotational molding (rotational molding) is also an important processing method for plastic products or steel-plastic composite products, especially in hollow molding. In terms of rotomolding, it has more prominent advantages.
Problems in the domestic rotomolding plastic storage tank industry
- (1) Rotomolding production enterprises have few equipments, small production scales, and low intensive upstream and downstream products.
- (2) Insufficient research and development capabilities, lack of its own core technology, including process technology, equipment and mold manufacturing technology, engineering design capabilities, and product application development technology.
- (3) The category is not refined enough, the added value is low, and the market competitiveness is poor.
- (4) There is a lack of reliable and high-quality domestic raw materials, and most of them still rely on imports.
Rotational molding process is to first add plastic raw materials into the mold in the form of powder, and then continuously rotate the mold (three-dimensional movement) and heat the mold. At this time, the plastic raw materials in the mold will gradually and evenly melt and coat under the action of gravity and heat. On the entire surface of the mold cavity, the cooled plastic product or steel-plastic composite product is then a rotomolding product.
Development trend and direction of domestic rotomolding plastic storage tank industry
- (1) The continuous expansion of rotomolding production enterprises.
- (2) Through the adjustment of the product structure of rotomolding products, the variety of rotomolding products is increasing, and the scientific and technological content of rotomolding products is continuously provided. Rotomolding products will develop in the direction of high performance and high added value.
- (3) Increase the research on related processes, equipment and molds, and form its own core technology.
- (4) Strengthen the development of special materials for rotomolding in China, and establish a raw material research and development center to completely change the current situation of mainly relying on imports of plastic raw materials.
At present, the rotomolding industry in foreign countries is developing rapidly, and due to various factors in China, the rate of development of rotomolding processing industry is lower than that of other plastic molding processing industries. Recently, with the increasing understanding of the advantages of rotomolding, the rotomolding industry is showing a trend of accelerating development in China.
Rotomolding plastic storage tank process
- (1) Rotomolding plastic storage tanks are formed by rotomolding process.
- (2) The PE plastic storage tank produced by the company is made of special materials for rotomolding-linear low-density polyethylene (LLDPE) or linear medium-density polyethylene (LMDPE). PE plastic storage tanks can contain most of inorganic acids, alkalis, salts and many organic substances at room temperature.
- (3) The minimum softening point of the plastic used in rotomolding plastic storage tanks is 108°C, and the maximum breaking point is -70°C, so it can generally be used to hold liquids with a temperature of -40°C to 60°C. If the liquid content is heavier or the temperature is higher than 60°C, steel-lined plastic anticorrosive storage tanks should be used to prevent the storage tanks from softening and deforming. If PE plastic storage tank is used for chemical reaction or dilution, corresponding test should be done in advance to determine the maximum temperature of reaction or dilution.
In recent years, with the vigorous development of various environmental protection projects, the demand for various storage tanks has greatly increased, and the unevenness of the rotomolding plastic storage tank market has been criticized by the industry. “The rotomolding plastic PE storage tanks we produce have irreplaceable advantages in the same type of products!”. With companies of all sizes rising one after another and competition is becoming fiercer and cruel, where does his confidence come from?
Due to the limitations of people’s awareness and market regulation, people’s ability to assess the price of rotomolded plastic storage tanks is still weak, causing many customers to buy at high prices or discourage them because of the price, so be sure to do well before buying Ready to work.
Link to this article：Analysis of problems in rotomolding plastic storage tank industry and discussion on its development direction
Reprint Statement: If there are no special instructions, all articles on this site are original. Please indicate the source for reprinting.：ODM Wiki，thanks！^^