Silicone mold making process steps
|When the silicone mold is used, it uses special mold glue. The silicone mold has the advantages of high temperature resistance, corrosion resistance, strong tear resistance and high precision simulation.|
However, when we are making the production, we need to pay attention to the relevant production process rules, otherwise it will cause certain damage to the mold. The following is the PTJ Shop based on the understanding of the silicone mold manufacturing process steps.
- 1. Wash and dry the master mold for smoothing (you can apply a layer of mold release wax or apply a mold release agent).
- 2. 500-1000 g mold silicone rubber (mold silicone, mold glue, silicone rubber, silica gel) is used as a plastic basin.
- 3. Weigh the hardener according to the weight ratio (usually 1.5-2.5%), add it to the container, mix well, and mix well.
- 4. Add a certain amount of silica thinner depending on the situation (especially the first layer). Until the mixing is uniform, usually 3-5 minutes.
- 5. After the mold silicone rubber (mold silicone, mold glue, silicone rubber, silica gel) is mixed with the hardener, the reaction is carried out at room temperature, and the low molecular alcohol is released. In order to remove the alcohol molecules from the colloid, it is necessary to discharge the bubbles under a negative pressure. -3 minutes. It is also possible without the aid of equipment (mainly depending on the molder’s operating experience).
- 6, multi-layer brushing die, should follow the internal, intermediate and external curing at the same time. When the amount of the curing agent is relatively small, the reaction time is lengthened, the reaction is sufficient, and the colloid is good, so the amount of the curing agent is preferably less in the interior. When the brush is applied, the first layer (the inner layer) is dried and then the second layer is brushed. The operation time is 30-50 minutes, and the demoulding time is 10-15 hours. Curing time is 24 hours. Note that after the first and second layers are applied, it is better to add the mold cloth, which can greatly improve the service life of the mold (but the glass fiber cloth can not be used, otherwise it will easily cause delamination and the whole mold will be scrapped).
- 7, three-dimensional perfusion mold, generally 10-15 hours of curing as well.
- 8. After the soft mold is finished, it is necessary to make a plaster or fiberglass jacket to support the silicone soft mold.
- a, mold line selection: choose the position that does not affect the appearance of the product; choose the position that is easy to process after grouting; select the position where the mold itself is easy to demolish; select the position where the product is not easily deformed.
- b. Never blindly increase the amount of hardener used to catch up with the production schedule, otherwise the service life of the silicone mold will be greatly reduced.
Link to this article： Silicone mold making process steps
Reprint Statement: If there are no special instructions, all articles on this site are original. Please indicate the source for reprinting:https://www.cncmachiningptj.com/，thanks！
PTJ® provides a full range of Custom Precision cnc machining china services.ISO 9001:2015 &AS-9100 certified. 3, 4 and 5-axis rapid precision CNC machining services including milling, turning to customer specifications,Capable of metal & plastic machined parts with +/-0.005 mm tolerance.Secondary services include CNC and conventional grinding, drilling,die casting,sheet metal and stamping.Providing prototypes, full production runs, technical support and full inspection.Serves the automotive, aerospace, mold&fixture,led lighting,medical,bicycle, and consumer electronics industries. On-time delivery.Tell us a little about your project’s budget and expected delivery time. We will strategize with you to provide the most cost-effective services to help you reach your target,Welcome to Contact us ( [email protected] ) directly for your new project.
Link to this article：Silicone mold making process steps
Reprint Statement: If there are no special instructions, all articles on this site are original. Please indicate the source for reprinting.：ODM Wiki，thanks！^^